It’s time for another fun, delicious and kid-friendly recipe! These banana pops are not only tasty, but they’re free from any processed sugar and made from 100% natural foods. A quick word of caution to you parents though: prepare on a full stomach so you don’t eat them all before your kids do!
Ingredients (for 6 pops):
Jar of almond butter
Chopped pecans, or your kids’ favorite nuts
1/2 cup dried cranberries
Wooden skewers, cut in half
- Cover a cookie sheet in wax paper.
- Peel and cut the bananas in half, width-wise. Stick half a skewer up the middle of the banana. Place banana pop on the cookie sheet. Follow with the rest of the banana halves, then place the cookie sheet in the freezer and leave there for at least 30 minutes.
- Spread chopped nuts and dried cranberries on a plate and remove the banana pops from the freezer.
- Dip the pop in the jar of almond butter (or spread butter onto pop), then roll it in the chopped nuts and cranberries, pressing firmly so they stick. Repeat with remaining pops. Place the pops back on the wax-covered cookie sheet.
- Place the pops back in the freezer for another 30 minutes until they harden.